Be still and know... One of the things I have learned about myself over the years is that I have a tender heart and an unquiet mind. In some circles, I might be referred to as an empath or a highly sensitive person. On the Meyers-Briggs Temperament Indicator (MBTI), I am an INFJ, and it is the intuitive-feeling aspect of my personality that seems to be what leads me as I navigate the world. It's easy for me to become overwhelmed and anxious. Over the years, I have learned to control and assuage my propensity to worry incessantly, but I have not ever been successful in eliminating it entirely. There are times when I find myself wanting to retreat from the world, seek solitude in my office, and escape into music, a good novel, writing in my journal, or a creative project until the anxiety passes. As a student of A Course in Miracles, I am reminded again and again that nothing can separate me from the love of God and that God's grace is sufficient for whatever I am facing in this moment. "⁶When you are afraid, be still and know that God is real, and you are His beloved Son in whom He is well pleased. ⁷Do not let your ego dispute this, because the ego cannot know what is as far beyond its reach as you are." (T-4.I.8:6-7) Today, I invite us all to rest in the knowledge that God is real. In fact, the LOVE which is the essence of God (and of us) is the only thing which is ultimately real. May you be loved. May you be happy. May you be blessed!

Posted by Jerome Imhoff at 2022-05-16 22:04:33 UTC